College Scholarship & Opportunities
COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS, CAMPS & ENRICHING EXPERIENCES
Click on scholarships below for more information:
- Joye Law Firm Scholarship: Offering six $2,000 scholarships to graduating seniors in South Carolina who plan to attend a four-year institution of higher learning in the fall. Selection of the recipients is based on the creative entry, school activities, positions of leadership, special honors and awards, community involvement, academic performance, and professional pursuits. Deadline April 1st, 2019
- College Board Opportunity Scholarships: The College Board has launched a new scholarship program with $5 million of scholarships each year, beginning with the class of 2020.
2019 Bobby Chapman Scholarship: Awarded to a student who is a graduate (or soon will be) of a secondary school in the Southeastern United States and or participate in a prior Bobby Chapman Invitational. Deadline to submit to WGCS March 4, 2019
SC State Fair Ride of Your Life Scholarship Program Fifty $6000 scholarships will be awarded to students across the state to be paid at the rate of $1500 per year over a four-year period. Students pursuing two-year degrees will receive $1500 per year over the two-year period. Deadline march 15, 2019.
- Optimist Club Speech Contest for any student under the age of 18 as of October 1, 2018/Deadline March 2019
- Keep York County Beautiful Scholarship for residents of York County SC Deadline May 2019
- Charlotte Knights Healthcare Scholarship presented by Atrium Health Deadline May 2019
- GFWC-York County Woman's Club for current seniors whose parents are currently on active duty, or reservists. Contact Laura Summer or Mary Jo Shannon for an application. Deadline April 10, 2019 Contact Judy Reed, GFWC-York County Woman's Club firstname.lastname@example.org
- YEC Manufacturing Scholarship Application Deadline May 2019
- SummerHomes.com Scholarship Opportunity Deadline July 2019
- Horatio Alger National Career & Technical Scholarship Program Deadline Oct 25, 2018
- Community Blood Center if the Carolinas Open to students willing to host a Blood Drive Nov 2018 - Jan 15, 2019
- EDsmart.org Scholarship worth $2,000
- The Best Scholarship Websites to Fund Your Education
- SC Business Week Scholarships Open to current sophomores, juniors or seniors (* the following require attendance to SC Biz Week)
- Chelse Ward Elliott Memorial Scholarship*
- Mechanical Contractors Association of South Carolina Scholarship*
- Ron McNair Leadership Award*
- S. Hunter Howard Jr. Scholarship*
CAMPS & ENRICHING EXPERIENCES
Click on Camps below for additional information
- SC Business Week for current sophomores, juniors or seniors /application deadline April 1, 2019
- Bank of America Student Leader Program Every year, through their Student Leaders program the help connect 225 community-minded high school juniors and seniors to employment, skills development and service. They’re awarded paid summer internships with local nonprofits such as Boys and Girls Clubs of America and participate in a national leadership summit in Washington, D.C. The Student Leaders Summit focuses on skill building and creating a more civically engaged society. Open to juniors and seniors.
- Carolina School of Broadcasting
- Broyhill Leadership Conference for current freshmen, sophomores or juniors
- Camp Hands of Hope
- Furman Summer Scholars for current juniors/application deadline May 1, 2019
- Riley Institute's Emerging Public Leaders at Furman for current juniors/application deadline April 5, 2019
- The Free Enterprise Leadership Challenge (FELC) is an educational program created by the Helms Center Foundation that gives high school students the opportunity to learn about free enterprise and leadership through yearly summer camps and workshops.